Today was a better day for me in my pursuit of acclimating my self to the motherland. So I decided to jot down some of the things I appreciate about Mumbai:
1. The street food is delicious, cheap, and in abundance in the city. You can easily have a meal for Rs. 15 if you eat at one of the several road side stalls that sell chaat, sandwiches, fast food, etc.
2. Freshly squeezed sugar cane juice and “narayal pani” (coconut water) are easily available all over the city and extremely refreshing in the humidity and heat of Mumbai.
3. I can walk into any salon in the city and get my eyebrows shaped instead of scouring the city, like I did in San Francisco, to get a reasonably priced place to get my eyebrows threaded.
4. The man whom i buy veggies from says he will now start delivering them to the house. I will just have to call him a few hours before and give him my order.
5. There is the “istri wala” (ironing man) across the building who will iron any thing for rs. 3.50 a pop…..not bad at all!
I think that’s about it…..seems to me that this list is shorter than the list from yesterday……go figure!